Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hiking!

Today was the most exhausting, yet adventurous day! A group of about 30 or so of us went on a hike in the Rocky Mountain National Park. I think our hike round-trip was just under 6 miles. Not too far. It was through LOTS of snow and we went past 3 lakes and did some rock scrambling too. Honestly want to climb more and hike more when I get home now. For now I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves...(more are on Facebook!)

Here's our group!
 
Bear Lake

 My crew!

Rocky Mountain Bluejay

 First lookout stop

 Dream Lake

 
 Emerald Lake


 Ben likes to go barefoot EVERYWHERE

 I like to crawl through crevices.

 View of Dream Lake from Emerald Lake

 So, if you can't tell, there's SO much truth in this verse:  

"There is so much here, O Eternal One, so much You have made.
    By the wise way in which You create, riches and creatures fill the earth."
          (Psalm 104:24, The Voice)

I have always had an appreciation for nature and creation, just ask Max about how many times I've made him watch the sunrise from Humpback Rock, but this hike blew my mind. Just like in Guatemala, I so easily forget how much bigger the world is than Crozet, VA and how each piece fits together into one breathtaking creation. Yes, I could say that my lungs were tight today from altitude, but I think it's safe to say that the overwhelming awe of this creation was probably the culprit of my stolen breath. Just take a moment and imagine physically being where these pictures were taken...I was there only hours ago.  I don't know why I don't do more nature-y things when I'm at home. That's going on the goals list for next year. Definitely wanna hike more, definitely wanna learn how to legitimately rock climb. 

So far, I think this job is teaching me just how much better being uncomfortable is than comfortable. Just read my first several posts and you'll see how sad and unsure I was about this job. But, as I anticipated and am being shown, Jesus shows up when we're uncomfortable. He calls us into the unknown so that we MUST depend on Him in order to find comfort and expect the end to be overflowing with His spirit and marvelous plans for us. Ever since my trip to Guatemala in March, I think I know that Jesus calls me into the exact things that make me uncomfortable and out of what's comfortable. And, He has yet to fail me as I follow Him as best I can. 

I haven't posted prayer requests in a few days, but this has been on my heart: friends, please be in prayer for Max this summer too! He will be going on a WorkCamp trip in Valdosta, GA in a few weeks and then on a 3 week mission trip to Charlotte, NC. Charlotte will be with an organization called "Hyaets", which if you click that link you'll see how awesome it looks. I'm super excited for him to have this experience and just want to have him lifted up in prayer as he sets out to do the Lord's work this summer too!



Here's a recent pic of me & my stud (for those that want to put a face with the name I just asked you to pray for.)
 
Y'all rock. Peace out girl scouts.




No comments:

Post a Comment