Monday, June 17, 2013

Crew Timez

Since Crew K left set-up at the Racine, WI workcamp, we've been enjoying some relaxation in Kenosha, WI! We're currently staying with the sweetest family (just so happens to be our boss's family) that is taking very good care of us. Yesterday we literally slept all day before going to dinner out near the harbor on Lake Michigan. 

The harbor was quite beautiful when we were there. The sun sets here are lovely!

Today we went adventuring in Chicago, IL. We began today with an hour long train ride out of Waukegan to get there, pretty standard train ride. Upon getting off the train, we went straight to the Willis Tower (once the Sears Tower) to see the view from the top. It was PHENOMENAL! 103 floors up and a glass ledge to step out on was simply beautiful. Look for yourself...






Yeah, it's a glass ledge that overhangs and you feel like you're floating in mid air.

Anddd from the tower we went and had some deep-dish, Chicago-style pizza from Giodano's, as suggested by our wonderful staff contant, JT. It was too good, I mean, just look at it. 



This literally was such good pizza. It's baked with layers of cheese and whatever toppings you want and then the sauce is on top. It's beautiful. I swear all of the food in heaven is gonna be just like this. What they say is true, Chicago deep dish is the best. The last of our shenanigans in Chicago included going to see the giant reflective sculpture known as, The Bean.




I seriously love my crew. These few days of just relaxing and having time to bond have been so good for us, and I think much needed to prep for the week we have ahead for our first camp! We talked to our set-up director today for the first time, which means I'm officially starting in on my Day-by-Day to-do list! This is both exciting, and still a little nerve-racking. I feel confident in the camp we have ahead, but still weary of what standing on my own while I do this will look like. At the end of the day all I can ask for is that Jesus' will for each camp is evident and that our crew will effectively and efficiently execute what He is asking of each of us for the coming weeks. I am most looking forward to being able to room assign. Something we do for YoungLife each year is we have a HUGE prayer conference for the Commonwealth of Virginia and we pray over all of our YL kids by name as we look upon their beautiful faces in the yearbooks for schools across the state. I know I won't have pictures, but one of my goals for this summer is to be praying over campers by name and to more or less do a prayer walk through our schools where camp will be held. I don't know, there's just something about being physically present in the place your praying for and looking upon the names of kids as you pray for them that makes it that much more special when you meet them in person. We'll see how it goes, and hopefully I will be successful!

To update on me once again, I'm trying really hard to do this mirror challenge that I mentioned in my last post and I think it's going well. I'm feeling better, not perfect, but better body image wise and I think my focus is starting to be shifted to other places than griping about miniscule imperfections. I'm gonna be okay, I know this and have known this, and the Lord is using this off time to equip me with the tools I need to care for myself before I care for campers. I anticipate His victories big & small to continue the preparation of words and affirmation that will be necessary as Crew K heads into Parma on Wednesday. His love never fails, never gives up, and never runs out on us.

<3 <3 <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment