Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Something Beautiful...and Super Sweet

Andddd this my friends, is where we're staying until Friday of this week. Isn't it beautiful?? I still haven't decided if I like The Rockies, Blue Ridge, or Guatemalan Highlands best...all I know is that God has created a beautiful world for His children. The weather has been pretty moderate so far, actually more on the chilly side. As you can see, there's quite a bit of snow on the mountain tops.
 

This evening during a New Staff meeting we saw some pretty cool creatures...aka ELK! This is the closest thing I've ever seen to a moose, which I'm kind of in love with. Two years ago on a Group Workcamps trip to Cornwall, Canada I was desperate to see a moose, but had no such luck. But, for Christmas that year Max got me a mini-pillow pet moose, now named Alfred, which was simply wonderful. I think seeing the elk today roaming around like deer would back home was even more wonderful. Aren't they cool!?!?


So far, today has left me feeling much better and shifting closer to excitement and further from nerves. Tomorrow I should be starting to learn more about my position specifically, which will certainly help me calm down once I know what my job specifics actually are. My crew had some great bonding time tonight. I'm absolutely looking forward to traveling with them and all of the cool stuff we'll likely get to do along the way...hopefully my paychecks won't get used up too quickly. Tonight we had some awesome worship as a staff. Since I wasn't able to go to Intervarsity very much during the spring semester, it felt amazing to worship with a portion of the body of Christ as we prepare for our adventures this summer. AND. As if this wasn't enough, I got a text from my WyldLife team at UVA that we officially have FOUR girls attending YoungLife camp this summer! We have been hard at prayer for this, and it will be the first time in a long time that our team takes more than one girl. On top of that, all of them are rising 7th/8th graders so we have a full year or two to spend with them. Jesus is so amazing and it couldn't feel better to feel His hands at work in multiple ministries tonight. All the glory is his and I can't even wait for all He has in store for this summer in each place my heart will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment