Monday, May 27, 2013

I is for "introvert"

I know, I already posted today, but this I think is necessary too. I have officially arrived at Estes Park in Loveland, Colorado for 2 weeks of training! I must say, I anticipated being much more excited than I am, but as I wrote this morning a part of me is certainly still grieving the loved ones I've left behind for this summer. It dawned on me that I'll be missing my little sister's 13th birthday among other things I'm sure. It's hard. It's hard to be away from the people I already know and love so much. I am aware and looking forward to the new and close relationships that I will form with my crew, especially since I've been placed on a crew with ALL ladies. At first I felt a bit disappointed, but after hanging out with them for a little bit tonight I'm genuinely looking forward to bonding time with them.

But. I have a problem. And I've been having it all day.

I. am. an. introvert.

Being with so many fun/wild/crazy people is great, but my energy is double drained. We spent 4 hours in the Denver airport just hanging out and getting to know each other. We basically took over the main terminal. There are certainly tons of cool people here, but I feel incredibly shy and a little lost in this sea of people, and of course, intimidated by the tasks that will eventually be at hand. Couple that with the bit of spiritual grief I'm experiencing as well as extreme exhaustion from 3 hours of sleep last night and leaving home at 4:15AM (which is 2:15AM in Colorado...), I am a slightly grumpy and antisocial Noelle at this point.

For y'all that are reading praying, my prayer requests for now are: physical health (my stomach is mean to me periodically, today has been so-so AND the high altitude that we're at in the Rockies can cause problems), praises for arriving safely, and emotional/spiritual health too (I'd like to be moving past the sadness of leaving behind Max and my family and friends and start focusing/getting pumped for what Jesus has in store).

Here are my locations:

Parma, OH--June 23-29
Middletown, OH--July 7-13
Belle, WV--July 21-27

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm WV... a little closer to home! You are going to be fine, h'lette. Breathe Him in, and let go/exhale the "stuff" whenever you are overwhelmed. So proud to know you, so envious of your courage and chance to travel and move through your God-given, human taken opportunities. You are always in my prayers always, but specifics lifted....PC

    ReplyDelete